Natural health massage therapy is an excellent way of invigorating the body. It does this by removing waste products produced by stress, exercise and work, stimulating blood circulation to enhance the supply of oxygen & nutrition to the body’s cells, relaxing muscles and by soothing the nervous system.
Massage therapy has been a healing method for thousands of years. The ancient Romans and Greeks used it regularly to treat a variety of medical conditions.Within the past decade, overwhelming scientific evidence has accumulate to support the claim that massage therapy is effective for many health problems.
The Physicians Guide to Therapeutic Massage suggests that massage therapy benefits conditions such as:
- Muscle spasms and pain
- Spinal curvatures
- Body soreness
- Headaches whiplash
- Temporo-mandibular joint syndrome (TMJ)
- Tension-related respiratory disorders like bronchial asthma, and emphysema
- Reduce swelling
- Correct posture
- Improve body motion
Modern Research indicates that massage therapy:
- Can relieve certain types of pain, especially back pain
- Effectively treats chronic pain
- Improves blood circulation throughout the entire circulatory system
- Calms the nervous system and promotes muscle relaxation
- Helps break up scar tissue and adhesions which develop as a result of injury It can increase the small fine movements of the intestines to promote healthy bowel elimination
- Promotes mucous and fluid drainage from the lungs by percussion and vibration techniques
- Reduces inflammatory conditions by increasing circulation
- Helps reduce inflammation and swelling from fractures or injuries
- Promotes recovery from fatigue and pain after hard exercise
There are many and varied techniques of Therapeutic massage. The choice is limited only by personal preference and desired results.
For lasting benefits, use massage therapy with a particular program that includes nutrition and exercise.
This month we are doing a special offer where you can get $147.00 OFF for your first Naturopathic Consultation!